Val Thorens Sports Centre has sports facilities,
- swimming pool
- saunas and hammam
- table tennis and sports courts
- children's Fun Park
- bodybuilding and fitness rooms
- well-being centre (massages etc)
Read about the Val Thorens sports centre here.
Rebuilding of Val Thorens Sports Centre
Val Thorens Sports Centre was completely rebuilt from Spring 2021
to December 2022, when it reopened.
The new sports centre is called le Board, because it looks a bit
like a snowboard from the outside.
Val Thorens Sports Centre: Where Is It?
Val Thorens Sports Centre is in the Galerie Caron - next door to la
Piscine pizzeria and Eurospar supermarket. The Galerie Caron is to the
left of place de Caron on this resort
Val Thorens Sports Centre: Swimming Pool
The swimming pool has:
- two 20m swimming lanes
- waterfalls, submerged benches, massaging jets and bubble beds
- a fun aquatic area with water games for younger children
- a south-facing terrace
Classes are available - aqua-gym, aqua-bike and aqua-circuit
Val Thorens Sports Centre: Jacuzzis, Saunas and Hammam
Val Thorens calls this the Wellness area.
- two balneotherapy pools (jacuzzis)
- three saunas
- one hammam (Turkish bath)
- a cold water well and snow fountain
The Wellness area is for people aged 16 and over.
Val Thorens Sports Centre: Sports Courts
The sports courts and facilities are:
- table tennis tables
- multi-sports courts for tennis, football, volleyball and handball
- squash courts
Val Thorens Sports Centre: Children's Fun Park
Children's Fun Park Facilities
The children's fun park has:
- a motor skills discovery area for toddlers
- slides, ball pools etc for 3-5 year olds
- a large play area for 6-11 year olds, including slides and monkey
- six trampolines
Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
Val Thorens Sports Centre: Bodybuilding and Fitness
There are now several different rooms:
- two cardio (exercise bikes, treadmills, rowing machines) and
weight training rooms
- one free weights room
- one physical preparation room (squat cage, battle rope, bench
- one room for fitness classes
Val Thorens Sports Centre: Well-Being Centre
The Well-Being centre offers:
- Australian saunas
- body treatments and scrubs
- facial care to boost your radiance
The Well-Being centre is reserved for those 18 and over.
Val Thorens Sports Centre: Classes
Sports Classes Available
There are also various fitness classes, including step aerobics, Tai
chi, body sculpting, strength training, and aqua gym. Ask at reception
for the programme.
You can do a session of Fitvibe, too, which is supervised by a coach.
It's a machine with a vibration plate, that's supposed to make
training much more efficient.
Val Thorens Sports Centre: Opening Times, Phone Number, and Left
Winter Opening Times
The Sports Centre is open from mid-November to early May, and the
exact opening dates correspond with those of the ski area.
The opening times are:
- swimming pool 1300-2000
- Wellness area (jacuzzi, sauna, hammam etc) 1130-2030
- table tennis and sports courts 1000-2030
- Fun Park 1000-2030
- bodybuilding and fitness rooms 1000-2030
- Well-Being centre 1000-1200 and 1400-2100
- left luggage Saturdays 0800-2000
Summer Opening Times
The Summer season is from early July until the end of August. The
opening times in the Summer are normally 0900-2100 every day.
(In addition to the facilities mentioned above, there are 9 outdoor
tennis courts in the summer).
You can call the Sports Centre on +33 479 00 00 76.
Left Luggage Service
Every Saturday, the Sports Centre offers a left
luggage service from 8am to 8pm, and you can take a shower. A
small fee applies per item of luggage and for a shower.
Make the most of the facilities at Val Thorens sports centre.